The Children’s Home has the following positions available. We are always taking applications for Direct Care positions. If interested, please download our job application and three reference forms, fill it out completely, and mail or fax to:
The Children’s Home
c/o Human Resources
205 Bloomsbury Avenue
Catonsville, Maryland 21228
All applications will be kept on file for one year. You may also include a resume if you wish. Thank you for your interest.
Accepting applications for the following positions:
Volunteer Web Site Designer
The Home is looking for a summer intern with an interest and experience in working with websites – creating innovative and user-friendly features. Must have experience working with WordPress. Hours are flexible. A Volunteer Application is available on the home page of this website.
Volunteer Reading Specialist
The Reading Specialist will help evaluate the reading levels of summer campers and work with youth to improve reading and comprehension skills. Needs to work well with adolescents (ages 13 to 18). Needs to be available 16 to 18 hours per week. Breakfast and lunch provided. A Volunteer Application is available on the home page of this website.
Description: The Lead Staff assists in the development, implementation, and coordination of a community based group home program. (S)he provides supervision to Child Care Specialist, residents, and assists with the operation of the program to provide a home like atmosphere with social and recreational programs, and activities that best meet the needs of the residents. (S)he assists the Residential Supervisor and/or Program Administrator in maintaining cottage cleanliness, implementing and facilitating daily program structure for residents. (S)he assists with staff training and implement monthly staff meetings, as well as staff scheduling of assigned Child Care Specialist. Attend weekly administrative meetings.
- Development of individual resident care plans and ensures that appropriate activities are designed and implemented to meet the goals of each plan
- Directs the maintenance of residents clothing and personal property inventories
- Performs emergency / crisis prevention intervention procedures as indicated and in accordance with TCH policies and procedures
- Ensures that the program’s behavior management program is implemented and followed
- Perform related duties, special assignments, and projects as required
Work Schedule: Sundays, Mondays, Fridays 3pm-11pm and Wednesday and Thursday 7am-3pm (schedule may change based on business needs)
Reports to: Residential Supervisor/ Program Administrator
Education: 110 College Credits. Two years college preferred in an appropriate human services field.
Experience: Three to five years of experience working in a residential facility with at least two years of experience working with emotionally disturbed children.
Special Training/Skills: Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on emotional maturity and good written /oral communication skills. Must possess the ability to communicate with and motivate children. Must be computer literate.
The Nurse is responsible for the provision of medical care and health services to all TCH residents. (S)he is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the delivery of medical care to all TCH residents. The nurse works in collaboration with all members of the multi-disciplinary treatment team. The Nurse collaborates with the Residential department to ensure the therapeutic delivery of services to the residents. Part-time 24 hours per week including weekends. Qualifications:
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor’s degree highly preferred (nursing or related field).
- Experience: Prefer at least three (3) years clinical experience in a psychiatric setting and/or experience in community mental health systems.
- Administers medical care, medications, and treatments in accordance with physician orders, established nursing procedures, and State of Maryland regulations.
- Observes and assesses the medical condition & psychiatric status of all residents, referring complaints and concerns to the attending physician.
- Maintains medical records according to established procedures.
Job Type: Part-time
Required education: Bachelor’s
Required experience: RN – Psychiatric setting or school setting: 4 years
Required license or certification: Registered Nurse
Therapist – Case Manager – LCSW, LCSWC, or LCPC
- Full time position that provides both clinical and non-clinical care services to adolescent females. Provides case management services to children in The Children’s Home Transitions Unit. This includes on-going treatment planning and treatment interventions.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field. License required: LCSW, LCSWC, LCPC
- Two years of experience working with children, adolescents and families.
- Establishes and maintains working relationship with community agencies in order to provide the most appropriate assistance to the children in placement and demonstrates resource capability through use of other agencies.
- Provides individual and group therapy weekly
- Case Management
- Treatment Planning
- Discharge Planning/Community Support Services
- Attend school conferences
Job Type: Full-time
- Case Management: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- LCSW, LCSW-C, LCPC
Child Care Specialist – Part-time
The Child Care Specialist (CCS) is a part time position of 16 hours per week. The CCS is responsible for implementing activities and monitoring resident behavior. He/She should relay and document appropriate information to members of each resident’s multi disciplinary treatment team. The CCS is responsible for following each resident’s treatment plan to ensure that the therapeutic needs of all residents are met. The CCS is responsible for following TCH procedures to ensure the smooth operation of the residential, day, and education programs and the safety and health of all residents. The CCS implements individualized programs to ensure that each resident receives home-like therapeutic, educational and personal care.
BA/BS degree in an appropriate human services, education, or health field.
Associate’s degree with at least two years of experience working with emotionally disturbed children may be considered.
- Implement and monitor each residents individualized behavior management program and individualized treatment plan. Document according to established procedures on a daily basis each resident’s condition, behavior, adherence to behavioral and educational contract, and progress towards meeting their treatment goals.
- Assist and monitor residents with activities of daily living skills, including but not limited to personal hygiene, dressing, selection of appropriate clothing, and care of all personal possessions. Assist and monitor eating behaviors of all clients through the sharing and provision of meals and snacks.
- Develop, implement, and participate in all resident activities and outings, including but not limited to recreational activities and work-study. Transport residents using TCH vehicles. Monitor the daily planning and implementation of recreational, educational and work-study activities for residents. Provide assistance to volunteers who provide social and recreational activities.
- Actively participate in formal and informal meetings to review problems and progress of programs and residents. Participate in training programs pertinent to the Home’s mission and necessary to successfully work with the assigned resident population.
- Maintain the order, cleanliness, and maintenance of the resident physical plant, including but not limited to resident instruction in the care and maintenance of the residential units and the education environment.
- Provide a highly structured and therapeutic learning environment incorporating The Home’s behavior management program. Participate with the Case Manager to develop vocational education placements when appropriate.
- Monitors resident’s medications and ensure that residents receive medical attention for both routine issues and medical emergencies.